Sunday, March 4, 2012

Because old brooms know the corners... :)

You know those friends whom you have known for such a looong time, and have not seen for quite a long time,too but the friendship still seems so fresh and so exciting? Those whom you can talk to about anything and everything (literally), like jumping from one topic to another? Those whom you pay a surprise visit and would always make time for you wherever they are? And those who make you wait for a couple of hours (because of their long time of travel) and make you complain but still make you feel really happy as they arrive? Well, luckily, I have them.

Le, Robert and Ronan at the UP Lantern Parade, 2007

Last Friday was an another faculty development seminar in Batangas City, for BatStateU's 11th Charter day celebration. It was a whole day seminar but I had my final exams the next day so I just went to Manila straight from Batangas City. I didn't know it would just take me almost two hours to get there so I basically had plenty of time to spend that afternoon. I went straight to UP, stayed in the library and studied for my exams met up with Robert and Ronan, ate somewhere in the Shopping Center, and talked and talked and talked. :))

We spent like four hours (including the almost one hour of waiting for Ronan) of nonstop walking around the campus, eating and talking. Politics, impeachment, devolution, media, plans, virginity, relationships, boyfriends, girlfriends, students, high school, prom, former teachers, allergies, food, Maginhawa, Moon Leaf, (oh,this is an endless list), I mean, everything. As in EVERYTHING. :))

That was a refreshing conversation with them. I can actually spend the whole day talking to them, for we never have dull moments. We talk about anything that pops out our minds, and everything that slips out of our tongues. We can be serious, hilarious, ridiculous, spontaneous. And I love it. They are the kind of friends whom I don't see that much but seem to know me from head to toe. They're those who know the Le, and not just the Val. They're those whom you can have the craziest, most senseless, but still most senseful conversation ever. 

Well, that's a very good night-before-a-torturing-final-exam, spent with two of the most INTELLECTUAL (naks) friends I've got. :))

............
And here are the tweets after that meeting:



'Til next time!! :))


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post! :) tama ka old brooms know the corners! namiss ko tuloy mga old brooms ng buhay ko..it's been a long time (sighs) I owe them apology for not keeping in touch..better go and check on 'em!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! You better do while it's not too late yet! :D

    ReplyDelete