Monday, March 12, 2012

Sharing a Piece of You

"Service is the rent we pay for living."
Marion Wright Eddelman
 
 
It just feels so good to be able to give a part of yourself to other people. And for that, my deepest gratitude to the College of Arts and Sciences for giving me the opportunity to be a faculty extension volunteer. (Lakas maka-speech nito. Haha!)
 
Who wouldn't want to be helped in times of difficulty? And who, wouldn't want to lay a hand on those who are in need? For the record, I am not rich. And one doesn't have to be rich to be able to help. Money is not the only thing that you can share. Unfortunately, in this "material world", money talks. But though money is ,yes, I must admit, important, having it is not everything. Perhaps, lucky are those who have the money to share to others, to provide for others' needs, to give help to those who are empty-handed. They are those who are more often than not, always given the opportunity to reach out to others. Politicians, celebrities, businessmen, just to name some. But the unsung heroes are those who give a piece of themselves without having to be as rich as those I mentioned. They are those who are given the opportunity to give out their service, to share a little of their time, and a little of themselves to provide not for others' material needs, but for something more than what the eyes can see. But whether you have the money or not, what's important is the heart that you have for giving. 
 
I'm lucky to have the opportunity to serve, to a small community in our town. It's not as big as other projects like "Sagip Kapamilya", or, "Kariton Classroom". But as stated in our certificate (not so clear in the picture though): "I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something."
 
'Til next August, team CAS! :)) 

No comments:

Post a Comment