Sunday, January 1, 2012

Smiles for 2012

It's amazing how time flies! Another year has ended and here I am, on the 23rd year of my life. 2011 has been good to me,not because the whole year went easy and I didn't have difficulties but because it gave me the chance to live my 22nd year full of learnings and realizations in life. A usual listing of reflections as another year ends sounds good but I guess there's this one big thing I got the previous years (specially last year) that I would still want to carry on this year and the years to come.


 
Smile.

I've always been a crybaby and it's just depressing to cry a lot. The previous year had given me a lot of reasons to cry and it was just so painful. Though I felt better (somehow) after shedding those tears (and I mean, TEARS), I just don't feel like crying anymore. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong about crying, but too much of it is just not good. People have their own share of dramas in life, and these are all part of the past, whether you dwell on it, mourn over it, or just smile or laugh at it. Your today is more important,so why bother crying too much over something that's always been part of your yesterday?

Cry a little, SMILE A LOT. It works better. It does far more than we can imagine. It heals the most painful wound.  It brings joy to the heart and soul. It juts lightens up everything, plus it makes you more beautiful. And besides, IT'S FREE.

Smiling is infectious,
You can catch it like the flu.
Someone smiled at me today,
And I started smiling too.
~Author Unknown


I had a lot of people smiled at me, some I knew, some I didn’t. Nevertheless, their smiles just made my days more wonderful. So for this year, I would want to share more smiles to those around me, with the hope that the smiles I had last year which brought joy to my whole year would also bring joy to theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment