Thursday, January 26, 2012

MORE Than A Superhero

So I think I'm a superhero. . . in disguise. With some sort of superpowers within. . . Doing extraordinary things, or things extraordinarily. . . . Ok,that's bragging. :)

But my thought of me being a superhero is not just because of the things I do or the superpowers I have. . . It's because of where I came from . . . . . . . and where is that? Well, I came from THE POWERFUL HEART of an ordinary person, s,but she's omeone FAR MORE than a superhero.

My HOME
You see, this isn't really the perfect heart one wishes to have. It's cracked and wounded. It has patches and stitches. Its color has faded. But, it still GLOWS . . . .  And it glows NOT IN SPITE OF, but BECAUSE OF these imperfections.

Of course this heart belongs to my one and only MOM. :)) This is not the first time I am writing about her, but this is the first time I'm doing this not as an assignment or as a featured article in a school newspaper. I'm writing because I AM GRATEFUL.





I may be a superhero but she is more than one. I may have done extraordinary things but she has done SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS ones. I may have superpowers within, but she? SHE HAS MAGIC.

"A human body can bear only up to 45 del (unit) of pain. But at a time of giving birth, a woman feels up to 57 del of pain. This is similar to twenty bones getting fracture at a time."

If the above trivia is true, then isn't it magical that she gave birth to FIVE kids, all in normal delivery?

BUT . . . .

Waking up at 2 in the morning to prepare food for her little carenderia, cooking and serving customers with all smiles even if she's sick, playing the role of a mom and a dad at the same time, and 13 YEARS (and counting) of raising five lovely superheroes ALL BY HERSELF -- are even more magical.


To survive all the pains and sufferings and sadness and sorrows; to heal her own wounds and let them leave scars of learning; to patch the holes in her heart and stitch the cuts - I guess I will never know how she did those. I wouldn't bother anyway. I'm happy admiring all the MAGIC OF HER MOTHERHOOD. She's not perfect, of course, but you know, she did what she could, and she does what she can. So who am I to ask for more?

products of a powerful heart

flowers and my diploma made her smile

celebrating her Nth year on Earth


Christmas 2011

the SUUUUUUPERHEORES. . . Happy together :))

Mons . . . . Ugh,well . . . . they are SIMPLY AMAZING.

No comments:

Post a Comment