Monday, January 23, 2012

The Joy of 'Sight Seeing'

The feeling of freedom and joy upon watching kids laugh.
photo credit

I was supposed to go to Dasma with my friends early this morning to help them find a Retreat House, and basically just enjoy the holiday hanging out with them. Unfortunately, my 'wisdom tooth', trying to make me feel its existence, has been giving me an irritating and almost unbearable pain. So I had to go to the dentist and have my tooth extracted this afternoon, and while waiting for my turn, I decided to go with my 13-year old sister, together with two other teenagers and a 5-year old really cute and chubby little girl. It was tiring to take care of the kids, to run with them, chase them, play with them, but it was fun to laugh with them. I'm not that old yet, but I guess I really felt the lack of daily exercise today so I sat down and just watched them play. I looked around and watched different kinds of people in the plaza: some elders playing tennis, students sitting seriously working on their thesis, tricycle drivers playing chess, students practicing a ballroom dance number for their P.E., parents walking with their kids, guys playing basketball, kids shouting and giggling on the playground. It's just amazing to see these people; the loud laughter of the kids around me was music to my ears, and the their smiles were joy to my heart. The simplicity of life when you are just there sitting, and looking around, trying to understand the stories of the people you see. It felt wonderful to me. :))

My friends had a great time in Dasma, and I really wished I could have joined them, but staying in the plaza today made my Monday totally different from all other normal Mondays I had (and not just because it's a holiday). Indeed,this is a life made lovely. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment