Saturday, January 29, 2011

I'm Also not an Environmentalist but....

I am reposting this note written by a good friend. I know exactly what he feels coz just like him, I am also not an environmentalist but I know how to give at least a little concern for the environment. It saddens me (at the same time annoys me) that these students do not know how to care about their environment. What bothers me more are their selfish ideologies and principles in life. This is not just a simple issue of "throwing your own trash" neither is it just an issue of caring for the environment. i believe that this is also an issue of how the youth of this generation think. If these students are saying that it is not their responsibility to throw their trash because they are not janitors, then something is wrong with their thinking. I believe that we should do something about this matter.


I'm not an Environmentalist but.....

by Julius Tolentino on Friday, January 28, 2011 at 9:52pm
"I need to contain my Anger coz some people cannot contain their stupidity"

This particular post caught my attention one windy afternoon while i was browsing my FB account, and immediately, i realized that this is the perfect quote to summarize what i feel towards the impossible situation of UNDISCIPLINED and IRRESPONSIBLE students who leave their trash on the tables on the MINI FOREST or the bleachers of JOSON gymnasium...... 

Everyday, i pass by the Mini forest bcoz my classroom is located at the edge of the earth (it's so far that some students graduate without even seeing the said room) and what i see everyday is the plastic cups and junk food wrappers scattered about on top of the tables (which automatically ruins my day = trouble for my students).

What irks me more is the fact that the trash bins (which comes in a screaming and HIGHLY RECOGNIZABLE color of RED bearing the name of the University complete with LOGO are CONVENIENTLY located near these said tables and bleachers... But unfortunately SOME students are too lazy to stand and throw their trash in these said bins OR THEY SIMPLY HAVEN'T SEEN OR HEARD OF A TRASH BIN BEFORE (the latter being more likely)......

And don't get me started on the SCHOOL CANTEEN, i mean how UNCIVILIZED can you get?! I'm not bragging (oh, wait, maybe I am) but back in my college days, in the University from which i came from (My heart is Green by the way), students have the decency to place their used plates and other utensils into the specified areas designated in the canteen, to think that this school has been stereotyped as for RICH kids only (which by the way is TOTALLY NOT TRUE).

But what really blew my fuse was a comment that i heard from a STUDENT, which goes something along the lines of "Bakit ako maglilinis, janitor ba ako?". That line right there really PISSED me off that i had to drink my favorite MILO (shameless promotion) to calm down. I wanted to scream right there and then if not for the other students who were with me at that time.....

My point? Ladies and gentlemen, it seems that the students (I'm not saying all) are forgetting that we are in a GOVERNMENT University, meaning, we cannot afford the luxury of other PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES (e.g Janitors for each room) that is why we, YES, WE all need to do our part in maintaining what our University provides for us.. and the simplest way we can help is by keeping the University Clean, (which isn't so hard to do if you think about it, though some people, in my opinion don't really use the thing between their ears; protected by their skulls.)

What i really wanna say is that, what's happening here is a classic case of "ALL PEOPLE WANT TO GO TO HEAVEN BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE" syndrome, where in, people keep yapping about this and that but nobody wants to move or take action.....

So next time, before you start complaining, ask yourself if you have done something to resolve that particular problem......

(Ohhhhh, a flying cow!!)

*Stops typing and chases the flying cow*

No comments:

Post a Comment