Tuesday, January 4, 2011

BLOGGING

I was really not into writing, though I had always wanted to write. I was in elementary when I first tried to write. I got inspired by my sister, who used to write poems, and was always part of the school paper. I was into feature writing. Well, at least, I tried. Until high school, I would always join the School Press Conference, thinking that I might have the potential in writing. But I never won. I won several times in copyreading, not in feature writing, or even news writing. Then I thought, maybe I really didn't have the talent. I just forgot about it.

Then came blogging. The term has become soooooo memorable to me. I was in first year college when I first heard of the word "blogging". It was during my midterm exam in PanPil 17 (Panitikan ng Pilipinas at Kuturang Popular). The question was simple: Bakit popular ang blogging? Wapak! I didn't even know what blogging was. I got a grade of 5 in that exam. Sad.


I tried to discover what blogging really was. And tried to find the answer to that question. Bakit nga ba siya kulturang popular? Blogs on Friendster became a trend. I would always read blogs of my friends, or even those I didn't know. I loved reading their writings, absorbing their thoughts, feeling what they were feeling - sadness, anger, stress, happiness. I appreciated their writings, getting envy of those who wrote well, really well. I stopped reading their blogs when I started to become busy of some personal matters. It had been years. And now, there are so many blogging sites you can choose from. Friendster is not the trend anymore. Nor is it Multiply. Social networking sites have become more and more popular. Blogging has even become a source of income. Then i started to read blogs again. I started to follow my friend, Robert Go's blogs. I love reading his entries. He is well-opinionated. He always has something to say, regarding what is happening around, whether it be a small or a big issue. Joicee's blog on the other hand, is something more personal. It's not about what's happening around, but what's happening to her. She writes about her feelings, on matters close to her heart. Now I'm reading Ms.Superbianca's blog, learning more about her. Like Joicee, she also writes about how she feels about people, about her life, about the people dear to her. These three blogs are actually the same - talking about something close to their hearts. Robert might be writing about his opinions on current issues in our country, Joice and Ms. Bianca might be talking about their family,friends,and selves. But the three of them are all talking about the same thing -- whatever they feel inside.

Now I think I've got the answer to that question which made me fail my first major exam in UP. Blogging is popular, simply because it talks about life. It talks about one's life, but touches other people's lives. It talks about stress, sadness, mourning, grief, joy, bliss, happiness. It talks about failure and success. It talks about what's happening in the world, in the country, in a community, in an individual. It talks about us.

So here I am, trying to write again. It's been months since I started to have my own blog (http://cha9876.wordpress.com/) it may not be as public as others'. It may not be as often read as others'. But it contains myself, and whatever's inside me. And with that, I will continue writing. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment