Wednesday, February 15, 2012

B day after V day

This is not a usual Valentine post like everyone else’s. In fact, I don’t celebrate Valentine’s. After all, it is just a “day”. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not celebrating it not because I’m bitter that I’m single. (I soooo love being single).  It just so happened that it has always been an ordinary day in my life. But the days before and after it are not. The 13th and the 15th are always special. The former is my Dad’s birthday, and the latter is a day my friends and I started celebrating around five years ago.

Benjamin Benson Logronio. Benson

It’s Benson’s day.

Joicee had the most creative letter that day. :))

It’s a simple story of a man who had his heart broken on a Valentine’s day. And since we, (Cindy, Jelly, Joicee, Le, Mikol, Tasha) also didn’t find the Vday a super duper extra special day (plus the fact that we were all single that time, I think), we all decided to celebrate the day after, and call it Benson’s day. :)
We prepared simple stuff to express our love for everyone. They were mostly letters, short but sweet ones, written on a yellow paper, a piece of paper detached from a notebook, a one-half-crosswise stationery, and a special paper which I don’t know the name. But Kuya Benson’s was different. Though he had a letter, written on a brown paper (one letter generally for everybody), his love for us was expressed through toasted breads, sautéed sardines, butter (aka margarine) – a surprise breakfast very early in the morning that woke all of us up with a smile and tears in our eyes. It was love.

Unfortunately, Friendster is not so friendly to let me keep the photos of the letter, the food, and everything on that day. Well, this is the best I got:

Benson's letter
 The years that followed, we would fill our house with cut out of hearts. . .

Hearts,hearts,and more hearts :)

. . . and let it stay there for the rest of the year (I don't know if it was symbolic of our love for each other or we're really just too lazy to clean them up. :D)

We didn't get to celebrate that day together after college,but for sure, we'll have the opportunity to be together again to celebrate Benson's day. :))



No comments:

Post a Comment